*ALL ABORTION SERVICES ARE FREE OF CHARGE
The decision about whether, when, or how to become a parent is one of the most important we make in life – and we trust you to make the decision that’s best for you. That’s why Whole Woman’s Health of McAllen’s expert staff are proud to provide safe, confidential, high-quality, and free/low-cost abortion care and contraception methods. You are not alone, and we are here to support you and give you the care you need with compassion and dignity. We also always have bilingual staff who can communicate with you in a language that’s most comfortable for you.
*Because of SB 8, we have received generous funding that enables us to provide free abortion services in our Texas clinics.
We are a proud member of the National Abortion Federation and licensed by the Texas Department of Health (#008036).
Whole Woman’s Health of McAllen offers the following reproductive healthcare services:
- Abortion care**, including abortion pill (taken at home) and abortion procedure (in clinic)
- Birth control, including long acting contraceptive methods (IUDs and implants)
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Walk-in emergency contraception – no prescription necessary
- Kind, non-judgmental providers and staff
- Options Counseling
- Free walk-in pregnancy testing
**Abortion care options are restricted by SB 8. Abortions will only be provided if no embryonic or fetal cardiac activity is detected in the sonogram we will provide for you.**
If you’re not eligible for an abortion in Texas due to SB 8, you may still have options. If you can travel out of state, we are now offering virtual abortion care by mail up to 11 weeks of pregnancy in New Mexico. Also, if you visit a Whole Woman’s Health clinic in another state, the cost of your travel and care may be 100% covered. Call us now to learn more. Click here for additional resources and referrals.
We are contracted with most major insurance carriers, and many plans cover elective abortion and birth control. Please call us to talk about using insurance, or financial assistance options.
Our self pay fees for abortion care cover:
- Your ultrasound
- All necessary lab tests
- A private counseling education and information session
- Local anesthesia
- The abortion, whether by pill or procedure
- Light sedation and pain management medications
- Post-procedure aftercare, with a light snack and relaxing tea
- Your follow-up appointment
|Abortion with pills (at home)||Free|
|First consultation visit (required in TX)||Free|
|Abortion procedure (in clinic)||Free|
|RH Negative blood type – Rhogam||Free|